ADA Paratransit Service
Complementary ADA Paratransit
In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, The Woodlands Township provides ADA Complementary Paratransit service in conjunction with the fixed-route Town Center Trolley service. This service is provided for persons unable to utilize the regular Town Center Trolley service.
Complementary ADA Paratransit is a shared ride, curb-to-curb service provided for ADA-eligible passengers. The service is available during the same days and hours as the Town Center Trolley system. All vehicles are 100 percent accessible and service is provided over a 3/4 mile radius of the fixed-route Town Center Trolley System in the Town Center area of The Woodlands Township. Both the origin and the destination of the trip must be within the eligibility area. Trips can be scheduled up to 7 days in advance, up to the day before the trip.
Passengers of the complementary ADA Paratransit service are required to complete the ADA Eligibility Application, which is available via the link below. If you have trouble accessing the link or the application, please contact The Woodlands Township Transportation Department at 281-210-3800.
- Smoking, eating, or drinking is not permitted on any service vehicle.
- Only personal assistance animals are permitted on service vehicles.
- Loud or abusive behavior or language including profanity/racial or vulgar comments will be cause for immediate removal from the vehicle and possible loss of ridership privileges.
- Passengers may only bring carry-on items that will fit comfortably on their lap and will not protrude into the next seat. Drivers cannot help load or unload personal items and passengers may not leave personal items on the bus.
- Drivers are restricted from entering any home or facility.
- We reserve the right to restrict certain items on service vehicles.
- Drivers are required to transport customers to the pre-scheduled destination indicated on the driver's manifest. Drivers are not allowed to make any destination changes.
- Riding in our vehicles under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs is prohibited.
- Audio/music players are not permitted to be played aloud while on any vehicle.
- We are not responsible for personal items left on the bus. Passengers may call the Township at 281-210-3800 to inquire about any personal items they believe they may have left on a vehicle. If recovered, we will hold personal items for sixty (60) days prior to disposal.
Suspension of ServiceThe following infractions will result in a temporary to permanent suspension of services. Unless noted below the suspension will result in thirty (30) days for the first occurrence, sixty (60) days for the second occurrence, ninety (90) days for the third occurrence. The fourth occurrence may result in permanent suspension from riding any Township vehicle.
- Loud and/or abusive behavior or language including profanity/racial or vulgar remarks directed at another passenger, or any staff member.
- Making threats to harm the driver or other passengers will result in a ninety (90) day suspension of service and may be reported to law enforcement.
- Making terroristic threats to the driver, staff, or other passengers may result in permanent suspension of service and will be reported to law enforcement.
- Dangerous/disruptive behavior and/or physical abuse. Defined as any action that could cause direct or indirect physical harm to the driver, vehicle, other passengers, any person, or staff. Under the Patriot Act of 2001 violent acts against mass transportation workers, passengers, vehicles and facilities are federal crimes. This will result in permanent suspension of service and will be reported to law enforcement.
- Smoking in the service vehicle.
- Deliberate fare evasion.
- Refusing to exit the vehicle.
- Disturbing the driver while on route.
Using the Paratransit Service
Scheduling Your Trip
To schedule a trip, please call 281-210-3800.
Reservations are taken from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. To make reservations on Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, or after hours, please leave a message with the answering service. One of our staff will call you back to confirm your trip. If we are unable to schedule your trip at the requested time, dispatch will attempt to find an alternative time that will work for you.
Please be prepared to give the scheduler the following information:
- Your name, phone number, and complete pick-up address;
- The date you would like transportation;
- The time you want to arrive at your destination;
- The complete address of your destination, including suite and/or building, doctor's name, phone number, etc.;
- Your return time and return address;
- If a Personal Care Attendant or companion will accompany you. Your application for service must be signed by your physician if a PCA is required;
- If you will be using a wheelchair, scooter, or other mobility device.
Confirming Your Reservation
When you call and request a trip, the scheduler will confirm your trip details with you. Before ending the call, make sure that all personal information including address and telephone number are correct, and review the times and addresses of your trips with the scheduler to insure all information is correct.
When you schedule your ride, you will be given a confirmation of your appointment from the scheduler. You will receive a phone call the day before your scheduled appointment with another confirmation, and an approximate pick-up window the bus will arrive. Pick up time at origin will be between 15 and 30 minutes prior to your appointment time OR a time agreed upon with your scheduler. For example: your appointment is at 10 a.m., your scheduler and your reminder call state that the bus will be there at 9:45 a.m. Please be ready for the imminent arrival of your bus starting at 9:30 a.m.
*Please make sure the scheduler has all updated information, including an updated telephone number.
Pick up for return trips are provided between 5 and 30 minutes after the dispatch office has received notification of a desired pick up or scheduled return, or between 5 and 15 minutes of the agreed upon time with your scheduler. For example: Your scheduler has your estimated pick up time for your return ride at 3:15 p.m. You will need to be ready for the bus starting at 3:15 p.m., and could be as late as 3:30 p.m.
Passengers must be ready to depart at the start of their pick up window. Drivers will wait for five (5) minutes after they arrive within a passenger’s scheduled pick up window. If the passenger is not at the bus within the five (5) minutes the driver must depart to serve other passengers.
We understand that things come up. If you need to cancel your appointment, please call us as soon as possible at 281-210-3800. The earlier you cancel a trip appointment, the greater the chance another passenger will be able to use the time that was allotted for your trip.
Cancellations must be received at least two (2) hours prior to appointment time, or it will be marked as a late cancellation.
All trip cancellations must be made through our office. Drivers may NOT accept cancellations. Cancellations made to us through the driver cannot be accepted.