THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (January 27, 2014) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held several meetings on Wednesday, January 22, 2014, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard. The Board held a regular board meeting at 5 p.m., followed by an Economic Development Zone meeting, then a Town Hall Meeting and Volunteer Recognition. All of the meetings can be watched on video at The Woodlands Township Web site, www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov. Actions taken included:
• Awarded contract for Construction Manager at Risk for the Fire Station 2 Renovation Project to Durotech;
• Tabled discussion of Village Association Service Agreements to February Board meeting;
• Approved submittal of letters to Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) regarding IH 45 high occupancy vehicle lane form FM 1960 in Harris County to Loop 336 in Montgomery County and deferred existing roadway widening project on Woodlands Parkway;
• Approved a contract for transit consulting services for the 2014 calendar year with HDR;
• Received a presentation of schedules, fees and charges for recreation facilities, pools, programs and services;
• Convened and conducted a public hearing on proposed amendments to Township Order 020-09
• regarding fees and charges for recreation facilities, pools, programs and services;
• Adopted an amendment to Park Order 020-09 regarding schedules, fees and charges for recreation, facilities, pools, programs and services;
• Adopted Resolution Authorizing Redemption of The Woodlands Township Sales Tax and Hotel Occupancy Tax Bonds, Series 2009;
• Approved Redemption Agreement with the Bank of New York MellonTrust Company, N.A. relative to The Woodlands Township Sales Tax and Hotel Occupancy Tax Bonds, Series 2009;
• Approved authorization for the President/General Manager to complete all necessary and appropriate action in connection with the redemption of The Woodlands Township Sales Tax and Hotel Occupancy Tax Bonds, series 2009;
• Approved public transit Program of Projects for the FTA Urbanized Area Formula Program;
• Receive, consider and act upon recommendations from the Investment Committee and adoption of a resolution relative to annual review of The Woodlands Township's investment policy; Deferred to February meeting.
• Receive, consider and act upon Lake Woodlands Dam insurance; Deferred to February meeting.
• Approved an interlocal agreement with Montgomery County for funding of joint transportation projects;
• Approved an amendment to the Comprehensive Community Services Term Sheet;
• Approved Public Safety Service Agreements with Harris County Precinct 4 Constable;
During the Economic Development Zone meeting, the Board approved the annual review of The Woodlands Township Economic Development Zone’s Investment Policies and adoption of a Resolution Adopting Investment Policies and Guidelines for The Woodlands Township Economic Development Zone.
During the Town Hall Meeting, the Board heard The Woodlands Township Transit Plan presentation and public comment that was followed by the Recognition of Volunteers and the Presentation of 2013 Summary of Accomplishments.
During the Volunteer recognition, the Township honored Mike Larson for dedication to Neighborhood Services, Deborah Sargeant for her work with the Development Standards Committee, the Montgomery County Master Gardeners Association and the National Charity Roundtable.
Groups recognized for their volunteer work included the Bicycle Task Force, Community Emergency Response Team, Development Standards Committee, Law Enforcement Advisory Committee, Parks and Recreation Advisory Council, Residential Design Review Committees, Village Associations and The Woodlands Convention and Visitors Bureau.
„It speaks volumes for our community that we have so many dedicated volunteers,“ said Township Chairman Bruce Tough.
View the complete list of volunteers and the program for the evening through this link: http://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/DocumentCenter/View/3710
PHOTO:The Woodlands Township Board of Directors honors its Volunteers of the year, right to left, front row, Mike Larson, Deborah Sargeant and Sharon Walker with the Montgomery County Master Gardeners. Board members, left to right, back row, are Mike Bass, Gordy Bunch, John McMullan, Jeff Long, Peggy Hausman and Bruce Tough.