THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (April 24, 2014) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, April 23, 2014, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 6 p.m. The entire meeting can be watched on video at The Woodlands Township website (www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov) The following actions were taken:
• Heard public comment
• Received Village Association reports
• Accepted the Financial Report
• Discussed a proposal from Director Bass to designate The Township's 40th Anniversary as Founders Day. The discussion included a video of George Mitchell and a presentation by Mary Lou Hastings, Sustainability Program Manager for the Mitchell Foundation.
• Approved the installation of sports field lighting for up to two fields at Falconwing Park and the one field at Shadowbend Park, provided the DSC approves the addition of sports field lights. The Board approved an amount not to exceed $300,000 and to accept the $50,000 contribution offered by Texas Rush Soccer Club for this project, to enable lights to be installed by early fall 2014, dependent up on the DSC review schedule.
• The Board recessed to executive session, but took no action following the session.
For more information on The Woodlands Township or to watch the meeting in its entirety and to view documents related to each agenda item, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.