THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (May 22, 2014) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, May 21, 2014, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 6 p.m. The entire meeting can be watched on video at The Woodlands Township website (www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov) The following actions were taken.
On the regular agenda, the Board took actions that included:
• Received Financial Report for the four months ended April 30, 2014;
• Convened and conducted a public hearing on an amendment to Township Order 019-09 for parking and penalties;
• Approved amendment to Township Order 019-09 for parking and penalties;
• Approved recommendation from the Ad Hoc Transportation Committee to amend the existing agreement with Interfaith of The Woodlands to provide additional $25,000 in funding in 2014 for transportation services;
• Approved a revised recommendation from Ad Hoc Economic Development Committee concerning The Woodlands Township support of The Way Home Sculpture project in Town Green Park;
• Received updates on The Woodlands 40th anniversary celebration event and will receive more details and budget;
• Approved amendment to the Comprehensive Community Services Agreement related to the DSC Delegation Agreement;
Township Chairman Bruce Tough also recognized the outstanding achievement of The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center being named Marriott’s Hotel of Year For The Americas. The Woodlands hotel was lauded for high customer satisfaction score and exceptional leadership. On May 15, 2014, The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center was honored as Marriott’s Hotel of the Year for the Americas with accolades for customer satisfaction, associate engagement and leadership excellence. The hotel beat out other finalists including the Marco Island Marriott and the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort. Some of the hotel’s major accomplishments included raising their overall customer satisfaction score 3.9 percentage points over last year which ranks them No. 39 out of 330 full-service properties. In addition, the hotel’s associate engagement score puts them 4 percentage points higher than America’s Engagement Score.
Over the last year, Fred Domenick, General Manager of the hotel and Vice Chairman of The Woodlands Convention & Visitors Bureau, was awarded the Greater Houston Hotel Association’s General Manager of the Year and received the Paul Harris Fellow Award for Community Service. Other exceptional leadership awards included Cindy Decker, who was awarded Revenue Leader of the Year; Sheron Jones, Area Sales Leader, who received Marriott’s President’s Circle Award; and Mark McCaskey, Director of Event Management, who received the Rotary Club Vocational Service Award.
Photo Caption:The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention was named Marriott’s Hotel of the Year for the Americas. Pictured, left to right are Township Director Ed Robb, Township Director Mike Bass, Township Chairman Bruce Tough, Marriott’s Fred Domenick, Township Director Jeff Long and Township Director John McMullan.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.