THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (March 28, 2019) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday, March 27, 2019, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
At the start of the meeting, the Board of Directors issued two proclamations.
In recognition of The John Cooper School boys’ swimming team, The Dragons, for their achievement of winning the Southwest Preparatory Conference Championship in February 2019, earning the first title for the program since 2008, the Board of Directors proclaimed March 27, 2019 as John Cooper Dragons Day, in The Woodlands, Texas.
In support of preventing child abuse and neglect and raising awareness of this issue, the Board of Directors proclaimed April as Child Abuse Prevention and Awareness Month in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors accepted a report from the President of the Alden Bridge Village Association representatives from the village of Alden Bridge.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
• Approved the purchase of a replacement pathway utility vehicle.
• Approved the purchase of a 2019 Zodiac rescue boat and motor.
• Approved disposition of surplus office furniture to Montgomery County for District 6 Sherriff’s Office.
• Approved the Montgomery County Emergency Communication District contribution and for the purchase of the back up radio equipment for the fire department’s emergency communication center and upgrade grounding protection at the center.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
• Received and accepted report on the Incorporation Planning Study matters.
• Tabled a request for Amendment to the Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan Professional Services Agreement with Jones and Carter for TxDOT Safe Routes to School Grant Application.
• Received and accepted a presentation from Waste Management, Inc. regarding funding to enhance environmental education.
• Adopted of 2019 Budget Calendar based on current legislatively required timelines.
• Received and accepted the financial report.
The next Board of Directors regular meeting is scheduled to be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, April 28, 2019. For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
Photo: The Woodlands Township Board of Directors recognized The John Cooper School boys’ swimming team, The Dragons, for winning the Southwest Preparatory Conference Championship. Pictured above, left to right, Township Treasurer John Anthony Brown; Head Coach Sara Bany; Chris Seymour; Mitchell Shannon; Campbell Wolford; William Staebel; Henry Shea; Vidyal Pradeepkumar; Nicholas Harris; Township Vice Chairman John McMullan; Head of School Mike Maher; Township Director Carol Stromatt and Township Director Brian Boniface.