THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (September 19, 2013) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regularly scheduled Board meeting on Thursday, September 19, 2013, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 9 a.m.
The following actions were taken on the consent agenda:• Accepted a proclamation in support of National Night Out;
• Accepted a proclamation in support of International Walk to School Month;
• Accepted conveyance of Village of Creekside Park Section 14, ROSRs A, B, C, D, E, G, H, I, K; W Section 4, ROSRs A, B, D, E, I, J, K; W Section 8, ROSRs A, B, C; Lake Paloma Reserves, ROSRs C, D, E, F, G;
• Awarded bid for computer replacements;
• Awarded bid for a Storage Area Network system;
• Awarded bid for Millbend Loop pathway improvements.
The following actions were taken on the regular agenda:
• Approved an agreement between the Township and The Friendship Center relative to Limited Eligibility Demand-Response services within the urbanized area;
• Tabled nomination for a candidate for a position on the Harris County Appraisal District until the September 25, 2013 Regular Board meeting
• Approved a motion to have the Ad Hoc Economic Development Committee to develop a policy for distribution of Event Admissions Tax Fund to be brought back to the Township Board;
• Reviewed proposals for renewal of the Township’s property/liability insurance coverages for policies expiring on September 30, 2013 and moved this discussion to the September 25, 2013 Regular Meeting;
• Approved the proposed First Amendment to Waterway Maintenance, Use and Operation Agreement with The Woodlands Land Development Company and authorized the President/General Manager to execute any companion amendment to the Waterway Easement on behalf of the Township;
• Received an update regarding legislative changes to the Texas Open Meetings Act.
The following items will be considered at the September 25, 2013, Board of Directors meeting:
• Receive, consider and act upon an update regarding traffic impacts to The Woodlands Township as a result of the San Jacinto River Authority construction plans for the Groundwater Reduction Plan;
• Receive, consider and act upon the employee compensation plan;
• Receive, consider and act upon a banking and depository services contract and authorize the President/General Manager to execute all agreements in connection therewith;
• Receive, consider and act upon sponsorship of a Veterans Day event by The Woodlands Township;
• Receive and consider a bid procurement tracking report for the period of June 2012 through May 2013;
• Receive, consider and act upon award of bid for playground equipment;
• Receive, consider and act upon award of bid for reforestation;
• Receive, consider and act upon approval of purchase of records management software;
• Receive, consider and act upon recommendations from the Ad Hoc Transportation Committee concerning Town Center parking initiatives;
• Receive, consider and act upon approval of a Comprehensive Community Services Agreement;
Please check the Board Meeting Information page (http://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/index.aspx?NID=585) for links to agendas, minutes, public meeting documents, videos and reports.
For the latest news and information on The Woodlands Township government, please call 281-210-3800 or visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov.