THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (September 26, 2013) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, September 25, 2013, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 6 p.m. Following reports from Village Associations, the following actions were taken:
• Accepted the financial report;
• No action taken regarding nominating a candidate for a position on the Harris County Appraisal District;
• Approved recommendations made by RWL Group consultants that the Township secure its property and liability insurance coverages for the policy year beginning October 1, 2013 with Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool and also included additional coverages and limits;
• Supported staff recommendations regarding an RFP plan related to employee compensation for discuss in October 2013;
• Deferred to November a banking and depository services contract;
• Approved a proposed Veterans Day event to be produced by The Woodlands Township which will be held on Monday, November 11, 2013 at Town Green Park in The Woodlands;
• Received a bid procurement tracking report for the period of June 2012 through May 2013;
• Awarded a bid for playground equipment;
• Awarded a bid for reforestation;
• Deferred to October the purchase of records management software;
• Received recommendation from the Ad Hoc Transportation Committee concerning Town Center Parking initiatives and will include adding an additional trolley for service in the Town Center and extended hours until 10 p.m. during the holiday season;
• No action taken on a Comprehensive Community Services Agreement.
Please check the Board Meeting Information page (http://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/index.aspx?NID=585) for links to agendas, minutes, public meeting documents, videos and reports.
For the latest news and information on The Woodlands Township government, please call 281-210-3800 or visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov.