THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (May 16, 2014) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a Special Board of Directors meeting on Thursday, May 15, 2014, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 7:30 a.m. and a Regular Board of Directors meeting at 9 a.m. The entire meetings can be watched on video at The Woodlands Township website (www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov) The following actions were taken.
On the regular agenda of the first meeting, the Board discussed the following item:
• Received a presentation by Retirement Horizons, Inc. and voted to take no action on the current benefits plan. Please see complete discussion online.
On the consent agenda of the regular meeting, the Board took actions that included:
• Received approval of the minutes of the April 17, 2014 Regular Board Meeting for the Board of Directors of The Woodlands Township;
• Received Administrative Reports for Law Enforcement and Community Policing for May 2014;
• Received Administrative Reports for The Woodlands Fire Department for May 2014;
• Received Administrative Reports for Community Services for May 2014; • Approved 2014 Capital Budget amendment for the purchase of a microwave communication link for The Woodlands Fire Department 800 mhz regional radio system; • Executed a Third Amendment to Montgomery County Hospital District Housing Agreement and mutual termination of MCHD EMS Support Agreement;
• Approved conveyance of Village of Creekside Park West, Section 7, ROSRs A,C, D & E; Creekside Park, Section 19, ROSRs A & C; Creekside Park, Section 21, ROSRs A, B, C, D, E & F; Creekside Park ,Section 22, ROSRs A, B & C; Village of Sterling Ridge, Section 92, ROSRs A, B, C, & D; Sterling Ridge, Section 93, ROSR B, C & D; Sterling Ridge, Section 95, ROSRs A & E; Sterling Ridge, Section 96, ROSRs A & E; Sterling Ridge, Section 98, ROSR A;
• Approved award of bid for Millbend Loop pathway improvements - Phase 3;
On the regular agenda, the Board took actions that included:
• Approved purchase of a 2014 Chevy Suburban with emergency lighting and equipment for The Woodlands Fire Department;
• Awarded bid for a Storage Area Network system;
• Received update regarding traffic impacts to The Woodlands Township as a result of the San Jacinto River Authority construction plans for the Groundwater Reduction Plan;
• Received update on The Woodlands Township Transit Plan and South Montgomery County Mobililty Study;
• Received South County Mobility Plan and the Scope of Work Pertaining to Bicycle Planning;
• Received presentation by Fire Chief Alan Benson regarding emergency preparedness;
• Received and approved request from the Grogan's Mill Village Association to add “Farmer's Market Saturdays” to select Township Wayfinding signs;
• Received presentation for possible amendment to Township Order 019-09 for parking in Open Space Reserves and act upon setting a public hearing;
• Received presentation regarding The Woodlands 40th anniversary celebration event and asked staff to bring back to the Board at the May 21, 2014 meeting;
• Approved Founders Day proclamation for The Woodlands 40th anniversary;
• Approved recommendations from ad hoc transportation committee regarding a transportation center, including:
• Approval from Township Board of Directors to move forward with the development of the proposed transportation center/parking facility project at the Gold Lot site
• Approval to enter into a project agreement with BTD/request that BTD open the $1.8 million FTA grant prior to June, 2014
• Township would still provide land as local match
• Per agreement, BTD would initially own the project (because of grant) but would agree to convey the asset to the Township upon completion
• Board approval to direct Township staff to pursue the $1.8 million grant from H-GAC
• Board approval for a funding commitment to provide any local additional match for the project from Economic Development funds/this commitment would be contingent on other funding sources being available
• Board approval to retain the services of parking facility consultant/architect to assist in preliminary construction planning and to develop a preliminary plan that falls within budget guidelines
• Board approval to direct staff and HDR (Township’s transportation consultant) to revise and resubmit the project study for final approval from FTA and H-GAC, as necessary.
For more information on The Woodlands Township government, please call 281-210-3800 or visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov.