The Woodlands Convention & Visitors Bureau Mission Statement
To position The Woodlands as a regionally, nationally, and internationally recognized tourist destination by developing quality marketing programs and events to attract visitors and stimulate economic development and growth.
About The Woodlands Convention & Visitors Bureau Mission Statement
The Woodlands Convention & Visitors Bureau drives demand for The Woodlands as a travel destination, creates new revenue for businesses, and increases sales and hotel occupancy tax for The Woodlands Township's general fund. Tax revenue generated by the tourism industry is invested back into improving The Woodlands’ infrastructure and programs.
The Woodlands Convention & Visitors Bureau Vision Statement
The Woodlands Convention & Visitors Bureau is an energetic and innovative 501 (c) (6) organization of talented and dedicated professionals who fulfill the Bureau's Mission Statement by setting high performance standards, expectations and goals. The Bureau works with its community to create and maintain productive public and private partnerships while serving as a reliable and credible source for The Woodlands' tourism industry.
The Woodlands Convention & Visitors Bureau Purposes & Services
• Provide leadership for the tourism industry in The Woodlands, coordinating activities, encouraging marketing programs and projecting an appealing image on behalf of The Woodlands.
• Drive the destination of The Woodlands to meeting professionals, business travelers, tour operators and individual visitors.
• Represent hotels, facilities, attractions, restaurants, retail centers and other providers who serve visitors.
• Operate and market transportation in The Woodlands including The Woodlands Waterway Trolleys and the Water Taxis.
• Provide an array of services to tour planners in developing tours into The Woodlands, including suggested itineraries and overnight accommodations.
• Develop, produce, and support key signature events that promote and highlight The Woodlands community.
• Help visitors save time and energy in looking for tourism opportunities in The Woodlands and Greater Houston area by providing visitor services.
• Work with regional partners in promoting The Woodlands as an ideal location to visit and spend the night.
• Develop and support training initiatives for hospitality employees in The Woodlands.