Earth Day GreenUp
||A Great American Cleanup Event
Saturday, March 23, 2013
Check-in: 8 to 10 a.m.
Pick-up: 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Celebrate: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Earth Day 2013 marks the third annual community-wide stewardship project for The Woodlands Township. Connect with neighbors and the outdoors by joining or leading a cleanup crew bagging trash from streets, pathways and streams. You gather your friends, and we provide the bags!
March 18, 2013: Online registration is closed. You can still participate by coming to one of the parks listed below on the day of the event to sign up between 8 and 10 a.m.
- Register your campus clean-up for one day.
- Individuals, families, clubs, scouts, neighborhoods, businesses, places of worship
- Early registration is encouraged, especially for groups
- Walk-up registration welcome on March 23, 2013
- Everyone needs to register, whether participating as an individual or a group
- Participants will receive a T-shirt and refreshments
- Wear appropriate clothing, long pants, close-toed shoes or boots recommended
- Remember hats, sunscreen, mosquito repellent and water
- Gloves and bags provided
- A limited number of grabbers and vests will be available per group
- Wagons welcome
Go To Pick-Up Location
- Saturday, March 23, 2013, from 8 to 10 a.m.
- Check in at a designated park in your village
- Pick up supplies for yourself and/or group
- Receive a map to the clean-up site
- Green it up! Plan to spend 60 to 90 minutes at the clean-up site
- Deposit bags and large items at designated sites throughout the community
- OR bring bags to the post-pick-up party
- The post-pick-up party runs from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Northshore Park
- Food and fun
- T-shirt pick-up and free pizza for GreenUp participants
- Pizza for sale to general public
- Music by Vocal Trash
For more information, call The Woodlands Township Environmental Services Department at 281-210-3800.
How Green is Your Village?
It starts with you!