Earth Day GreenUp
||A Great American Cleanup Event
Thank you 2014 Volunteers!
- Event participation in 2014 increased 34% over 2013
- Four of eight Villages reached the participation goal to involve 1% of their population
- Individuals, families and 47 organizations mobilized their members
- Participants logged 3141 volunteer hours
- 40 cubic yards of trash was removed from greenbelts, parks and waterways.
Save the Date:
5th Annual GreenUp
Saturday, March 28, 2015
- Register your campus clean-up for one day.
- Individuals, families, clubs, scouts, neighborhoods, businesses, places of worship
- Early registration is encouraged, especially for groups
- Walk-up registration welcome on March 28, 2015
- Everyone needs to register, whether participating as an individual or a group
- Participants will receive a T-shirt and refreshments
- Wear appropriate clothing, long pants, close-toed shoes or boots recommended
- Remember hats, sunscreen, mosquito repellent and water
- Gloves and bags provided
- A limited number of grabbers and vests will be available per group
- Wagons welcome
Go To Pick-Up Location
- Saturday, March 28, 2015, from 8 to 10 a.m.
- Check in at a designated park in your village
- Pick up supplies for yourself and/or group
- Receive a map to the clean-up site
- Green it up! Plan to spend 60 to 90 minutes at the clean-up site
- Deposit bags and large items at designated sites throughout the community
- OR bring bags to the GreenUp celebration party