Lane Closures - Avoid Traffic Delays; Use Alternate Routes
The CB & I TRI - The Woodlands Triathlon
is set to take place Saturday, May 3, 2014, at Northshore Park. Around 1,000 registered participants are expected. Please be aware that roads will be affected along Research Forest Drive through The Woodlands Town Center, Lake Woodlands Drive and Woodlands Parkway. Please use this information on how to best navigate the community on race day.
2013 Road Opening Map
- Please call the dedicated traffic hotline at 281-210-2099 for traffic-related questions. From April 23 - 28, calls to this number will be responded to with one business day. Between April 28 and May 3, this number will be answered 24 hours a day.
- To ensure runner and spectator safety, Montgomery County Sheriff's Office will be responsible for closing and re-opening streets.
- There will be deputy officers at every intersection along the race route. See list below. Please follow their instructions.
- The deputy officers will allow cars through when there is a safe opportunity.
- Please allow extra time if you have somewhere to be on race day. Traffic flow should only be interrupted for 15 - 20 minutes until 10:30 a.m.
- The bicycle and run routes will impact the driveways for some businesses along those routes from early morning until 10:30 a.m. Traffic will be diverted to minimize inconvenience to residents and patrons.
- Questions can also be sent to .
Outside Lanes Closed to Automobiles
- Lake Woodlands Drive: Westbound from New Trails to Gosling Road
- Gosling Road: Northbound from Lake Woodlands Drive to Research Forest Drive
- Research Forest Drive: Eastbound from Gosling Road to Six Pines Drive
- Six Pines Drive: Southbound from Research Forest Drive to Timberloch Place
- Timberloch Place: Westbound from Six Pines Drive to Grogan's Mill Road
- Grogan's Mill Road: Southbound from Lake Woodlands Drive to Woodlands Parkway
- Woodlands Parkway: Westbound from Grogan's Mill Road to Lake Woodlands Drive
- Lake Woodlands Drive: Eastbound, Woodlands Parkway to New Trails Drive
- East Shore: Lake Front Circle, East Shore Drive, North Bay Boulevard, Topside Row, High Timbers
Note: Lake Woodlands Drive east and westbound from Lake Front Circle to New Trails will be closed.
Intersections with Police Officers
- Lake Woodlands Drive will be closed from Lake Front Circle to New Trails. Please follow detour signs or use alternate routes.
- Note: Lake Woodlands Drive between Windward Cove and New Trails will be closed to thru traffic, but open for local Windward Cove Traffic.
- Gosling Road / Lake Woodlands Drive
- Woodlands Parkway / W. Panther Creek Drive
- Research Forest Drive / Gosling Road
- Woodlands Parkway / Gosling Road
- Technology Forest Drive / Research Forest Drive
- Woodlands Parkway / Falconwing Drive
- New Trails Drive / Research Forest Drive
- Woodlands Parkway / Cochran's Crossing Drive
- Research Park Drive / Research Forest Drive
- Woodlands Parkway / Kuykendahl Road
- Lakeside Boulevard / Research Forest Drive
- Woodlands Parkway / Lake Woodlands Drive
- Grogan's Mill Road / Research Forest Drive
- Lake Woodlands Drive / Kuykendahl Road
- Six Pines Drive / Research Forest Drive
- Lake Woodlands Drive / Cochran's Crossing Drive
- Six Pines Drive / Lake Woodlands Drive
- Lake Woodlands Drive / Falconwing Drive
- Six Pines Drive /Market Street
- Lake Woodlands Drive / Shadowbend Place
- Six Pines Drive / Lake Robbins Drive
- Lake Woodlands Drive / W. Panther Creek Drive
- Six Pines Drive / Timberloch Place
- Lake Woodlands Drive / Split Rock road
- Timberloch Place / Grogan's Mill Road
- Lake Woodlands Drive / E. Panther Creek Drive
- Grogan's Mill Road / Lake Robbins Drive
- Lake Woodlands Drive / New Trails Drive
- Grogan's Mill Road On Ramp
- Lake Woodlands Drive / Grogan's Mill Road
- Woodlands Parkway / S. Panther Creek Drive
The traffic control plan approved from Montgomery County. For traffic related questions, call 281-210-2099 or e-mail .
Contact us at 281-210-3900 for more information.