Lane Closures - Avoid Traffic Delays; Use Alternate Routes
The CB & I TRI - The Woodlands Triathlon is set to take place Saturday, May 3, 2014, at Northshore Park. Around 1,300 registered participants are expected. Due to the ongoing SJRA project and the delay in road construction projects, the routes for the CB&I TRI have changed. NEW ROUTES - Please be aware that roads will be affected along Lake Woodlands Drive and Sterling Ridge Drive. The bike route for the 2014 has been shortened.
Please use this information to inform residents, staff and guests of your business or organization on how to best navigate the community on race day, and how to enjoy the race.
Race Start Time: 7 a.m.
Race End Time: 10:30 a.m.
For most residents to use Lake Woodlands Drive and Sterling Ridge Drive during the race, think of your turning options like this:
• Right is go.
• Straight is wait.
• Left is don't go.
BE PREPARED I PLAN AHEAD I USE ALTERNATE ROUTES
A map of the bicycle route and alternate routes can be found here.
Contact Us. We’re Here to Help!
To request assistance with alternate directions please call. CBI Tri has a dedicated Traffic Hotline phone number 281-210-2099 or email .
Available Race Day Routes – Major Thoroughfares
East and West
Research Forest Drive
North and South
Grogan’s Mill Drive
Six Pines Drive
Kuykendahl – to Woodlands Parkway & Bay Branch
Gosling Road – to Shadowbend Drive and Research Forest
Lane Closures for NEW BIKE ROUTE:
The bike route for the 2014 has been shortened and will begin at Northshore Park, continue west in the left lane of westbound Lake Woodlands Drive to Sterling Ridge Drive. Riders will use the Carlton Woods Roundabout and move from the eastbound lanes to return east in the left lane of westbound of Sterling Ridge Drive to Lake Woodlands Drive. This will leave only the right lane open for westbound traffic for the duration of the bike portion of the race. Most residents will be able to leave their neighborhoods by turning right; left turns will not be permitted.
The inside lane of the following streets will be closed to automobile traffic from 6 to 10:30 a.m. to accommodate racers
• Lake Woodlands Drive: westbound from New Trails to Sterling Ridge –
Anticipated reopening – 9 a.m.
• Sterling Ridge: westbound to Carlton Woods Roundabout and eastbound from Roundabout to Old Sterling.
Anticipated reopening – 9:30 a.m.
• Lake Woodlands Drive: eastbound to Windward Cove
Anticipated reopening – 10 a.m.
• Lake Woodlands Drive: Lake Woodlands Bridge (Windward Cove to Lake Front Circle)
Anticipated opening – 10:30 a.m.
The only road closure for the bike course is on Lake Woodlands Drive Bridge with limited access between New Trails Drive and Lake Front Circle. Eastbound traffic for this closure will be rerouted to East Panther Creek Drive and westbound traffic will be detoured to Grogan's Mill Road. This closure has been consistent for the majority of the past 10 years.
NEW RUN COURSE: The running course for the CB&I TRI will be from Northshore Park along The Woodlands Waterway and there will be no lane or road closures for this portion of the race.
How Lanes are Closed:
Montgomery County Sheriff Department will be responsible for closing and re-opening streets, they will do so in a manner ensuring runner and spectator safety. There will be police officer at every intersection along the race route. Please follow their instructions when approaching streets on the course. After the race starts the lanes will re-open on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed.
• To ensure runner and spectator safety, Montgomery County Sheriff's Office will be responsible for closing and re-opening streets.
• There will be police officers at every intersection along the race route. Please follow their instructions.
• The police officers will allow cars through when there is a safe opportunity.
• Please allow extra time if you have somewhere to be on race day. Traffic flow should only be interrupted for 15 - 20 minutes until 10:30 a.m.
• The bicycle and run routes will impact the driveways for some businesses along those routes from early morning until 10:30 a.m. Traffic will be diverted to minimize inconvenience to residents and patrons.
While the roads in your area will be partially closed, police will attempt to allow cars needing to get through, if and only when there is a safe opportunity. Please allow yourself extra time if you have somewhere you have to be on race day; avoid delays and use alternate routes. If you know you need to cross impacted streets that day, consider parking your vehicle on a nearby street that will not be affected by the race road closures. Please cross the bicycle race route where a police office is located for a safe crossing.