Residential Tree Removal Information
No living tree greater than six inches in diameter as measured at a point two feet above natural grade may be removed without prior written approval. Trees to be removed must be flagged on site.
Conditions for Removal
Approval for tree removal will be considered if the tree:
- Is located up to five feet from a house or other existing permanent structure (i.e., garage, swimming pool or pool decking).
- Can be demonstrated to pose a safety hazard to persons or property through a written statement provided from a third-party certified arborist or other qualified individual with a degree in forestry.
- Is up to five feet from the area proposed for the construction of a house, garage or pool and pool decking.
- Is considered an invasive and hazardous tree or plant.
- Has been determined as damaged, diseased or otherwise hazardous by a third-party certified arborist or other qualified individual with a degree in forestry.
*Please note, the information above is taken from The Woodlands Residential Standards
, section 2.7, page 37.