Holiday Recycling and Trash Service Guidelines
Holiday Pickup Schedule
View the days that Waste Management will not pick up trash, recyclables and yard waste due to holidays. Holiday Schedule
- Unlimited recyclables are accepted at curbside.
- To recycle holiday paper and gift boxes, place in a paper bag or small box next to your recycle bin.
- The recycling truck is a traditional rear-loading truck, reserved only for recyclables.
- NO plastic bags.
- NO Styrofoam™.
- NO bubble wrap.
Failure to follow guidelines will result in items being left at the curb.
Recycling Green Christmas Trees:
- Remove all decorations and lights from the tree.
- Remove tree stands.
- Place the tree at the curb on your regular service day.
- Green trees will be picked up by the yard waste truck as part of your regularly scheduled services.
Disposing Flocked Christmas Trees:
Extra Household Waste:
- Requires purchase of a pink tag for extra service.
- One tag per bag.
- Cost: $1.75 per tag.
- Each bag must weigh less than 40 pounds.
- Purchase tags from The Woodlands Township offices, The Woodlands Township Recreation Center, Kroger (Cochran’s Crossing, Alden Bridge and Sterling Ridge) and Randalls (Grogan’s Mill and Panther Creek).
Please call Waste Management Customer Service at 1-800-800-5804 for questions or problems. For unresolved service issues or to report leaking trucks or other concerns, please call The Woodlands Township at 281-210-3800.