2K-9 Fun Run
Fun Run With Your Dog!
This is a non-competitive run designed to promote fun and fitness with your dog! Please have all dogs at the start/finish line 10 minutes prior to the start (5 p.m.) of the fun run.
All runners will receive a t-shirt and race dogs will receive a commemorative bandana for completing the race.
• All 2K-9 participants will need to provide proof of an up-to-date rabies vaccination at packet pick-up.
• One dog per person.
• Runner must be 13 years or older.
• No female dogs in heat.
• No dogs under six months of age.
• No aggressive dogs.
• Dogs must be on leash no more than five feet in length.
• No retractable leashes.
• Owners must clean up after their animals.
• Please make sure your dog is able to walk/run 1.1 miles before participating in this event.
Participants with dogs will not
be able to utilize the shuttle service and will need to park at Rob Fleming Aquatics Center or the YMCA. Please see our parking map for available 2K-9 parking.
Don’t forget to visit the dog recovery station located near the bluebonnet area after the race. The area will have water bowls, kiddy pools and water hoses for your dog to cool off.