Printable PDF: STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE HOW TO REGISTER AND APPLY through the Civic Access Portal for permits/applications.
Apply for a Permit: CIVIC ACCESS PORTAL: Apply, Pay and Manage your application
About the Department
The Covenant Administration Department provides the office support for Residential Design Review Committees.These are committees of community-elected repreCIVIC ACCESS PORTAL: APPLY, PAY AND MANAGE YOUR APPLICATIONsentatives that serve as architectural control groups to protect the aesthetic character of the residential areas in The Woodlands. The department also supports the Development Standards Committee.
The Covenant Administration Department serves as the representative of the committees and provides services to residents and property owners of The Woodlands.CIVIC ACCESS PORTAL: Apply, Pay, and Manage your application
Covenants and Standards
The Woodlands Covenants and Residential Development Standards have been designed to put into place procedures that will carry forward The Woodlands development philosophy while enhancing the quality of life.
The Woodlands Covenants and Standards:
- Encourage environmental excellence.
- Preserve the design integrity and architectural quality of Woodlands dwellings.
- Prevent the deterioration of neighborhoods that inevitably follows an unregulated, laissez-faire philosophy of construction, maintenance and property use.
- Uphold property values.
- Where can I find specific information on Short-Term Rental requirements and procedures for The Woodlands?
- What are The Woodlands Covenants and Residential Standards?
- Do I need a permit to remove a tree?
- Do I need a permit to repaint my home?
- Why don't the standards regulate barking dogs or vehicles parking on the street?