November 5, 2019 Election
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors
Three at-large positions on The Woodlands Township Board of Directors will be elected in the November 2019 election, designated as positions 5, 6 and 7. Each position is for a two-year term.
Candidates may file an application to appear on the ballot for one of the designated positions between July 20, 2019, and 5 p.m. on August 19, 2019. The deadline for filing a declaration of a write-in candidacy is 5 p.m. on August 23, 2019. Applications may be mailed to the Township or delivered in person. Applications delivered in person are accepted on regular business days during the Township’s office hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Regardless of the method of delivery, an application is considered to be filed at the time of its receipt by the Township. Please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov or call 281-210-3800 for more information, such as how to obtain a filing packet.
- July 20, 2019 - First Day to File Application to Appear on Ballot for One of the Designated Positions (Monday, July 22 - First business day for acceptance of forms.)
- August 19, 2019 - Last Day to File Application to Appear on Ballot for One of the Designated Positions (5 p.m.); Last Day to Order Election
- August 23, 2019 - Last Day to File Declaration of Write-In Candidacy (5 p.m.)
- October 7, 2019 - Last Day to Register to Vote
- October 21, 2019 - First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- October 25, 2019 - Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (received, not postmarked)
- November 1, 2019 - Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- November 5, 2019 - Election Day
* The Texas Secretary of State is the chief election officer of the State of Texas and provides the dates set forth herein. Interested persons are encouraged to visit the Secretary of State's Election Division website at http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/index.shtml or contact the Secretary of State's Election Division by telephone at 1-800-252-VOTE (8683) to obtain the most current information.
Important Election Information
The Texas Secretary of State is the chief election officer of the State of Texas and provides the uniform election calendar. Interested persons are encouraged to visit the Secretary of State's Election Division website or contact the Secretary of State's Election Division by telephone at 1-800-252-VOTE (8683) to obtain the most current information.
It is the duty of the candidate to become familiar with the laws applicable to Texas elections, ethics, and campaign finance reporting. Candidates are solely responsible for compliance with these laws. Additional resources can be found at the Secretary of State website and at the Texas Ethics Commission website.
As the authority responsible for calling and holding a fair and impartial election, The Woodlands Township cannot provide legal or administrative advice or assistance to candidates or prospective candidates. Candidates may wish to seek legal counsel or other professional advice in this regard. In November 2010, the Township Board adopted Resolution No. 020-10 regarding the annual Board of Directors Election. This resolution was replaced in August 2013 with Resolution No. 012-13, which was updated to reflect participation in joint elections for Harris County polling sites.
All political election signage must conform to The Woodlands Standards Section 2.10 (page 50) and Section 2.12 (page 54).
If you have any questions about the election, please call The Woodlands Township at 281-210-3800. The fax number is 281-210-3978.