ADA Paratransit Service
Complementary ADA Paratransit
In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, The Woodlands Township provides ADA Complementary Paratransit service in conjunction with the fixed-route Town Center Trolley service. This service is provided for persons unable to utilize the regular Town Center Trolley service.
Complementary ADA Paratransit is a shared ride, curb-to-curb service provided for ADA-eligible passengers. The service is available during the same days and hours as the Town Center Trolley system. All vehicles are 100 percent accessible and service is provided over a 3/4 mile radius of the fixed-route Town Center Trolley System in the Town Center area of The Woodlands Township. Both the origin and the destination of the trip must be within the eligibility area. Trips can be scheduled up to 7 days in advance, up to the day before the trip.
Passengers of the complementary ADA Paratransit service are required to complete the ADA Eligibility Application, which is available via the link below. If you have trouble accessing the link or the application, please contact The Woodlands Township Transportation Department at 281-210-3800.
- Smoking, eating, or drinking is not permitted on any service vehicle.
- Only personal assistance animals are permitted on service vehicles.
- Loud or abusive behavior or language including profanity/racial or vulgar comments will be cause for immediate removal from the vehicle and possible loss of ridership privileges.
- Passengers may only bring carry-on items that will fit comfortably on their lap and will not protrude into the next seat. Drivers cannot help load or unload personal items and passengers may not leave personal items on the bus.
- Drivers are restricted from entering any home or facility.
- We reserve the right to restrict certain items on service vehicles.
- Drivers are required to transport customers to the pre-scheduled destination indicated on the driver's manifest. Drivers are not allowed to make any destination changes.
- Riding in our vehicles under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs is prohibited.
- Audio/music players are not permitted to be played aloud while on any vehicle.
- We are not responsible for personal items left on the bus. Passengers may call the Township at 281-210-3800 to inquire about any personal items they believe they may have left on a vehicle. If recovered, we will hold personal items for sixty (60) days prior to disposal.
Suspension of ServiceThe following infractions will result in a temporary to permanent suspension of services. Unless noted below the suspension will result in thirty (30) days for the first occurrence, sixty (60) days for the second occurrence, ninety (90) days for the third occurrence. The fourth occurrence may result in permanent suspension from riding any Township vehicle.
- Loud and/or abusive behavior or language including profanity/racial or vulgar remarks directed at another passenger, or any staff member.
- Making threats to harm the driver or other passengers will result in a ninety (90) day suspension of service and may be reported to law enforcement.
- Making terroristic threats to the driver, staff, or other passengers may result in permanent suspension of service and will be reported to law enforcement.
- Dangerous/disruptive behavior and/or physical abuse. Defined as any action that could cause direct or indirect physical harm to the driver, vehicle, other passengers, any person, or staff. Under the Patriot Act of 2001 violent acts against mass transportation workers, passengers, vehicles and facilities are federal crimes. This will result in permanent suspension of service and will be reported to law enforcement.
- Smoking in the service vehicle.
- Deliberate fare evasion.
- Refusing to exit the vehicle.
- Disturbing the driver while on route.