- Blood Drives
- Drug Abuse
- Food Banks
- Mental Health
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center needs donations. Every donation can help save as many as three lives. For more information, please visit giveblood.org.
The Woodlands Neighborhood Donor Center
- 3091 College Park Drive, Suite 130, The Woodlands, TX 77384
- Monday-Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., closed on Sundays.
- Schedule an appointment
Find a Local Blood Drive Near You
Search for a mobile blood drive, open to the public, by using the Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center interactive map.
The following information and links are provided as a resource for people struggling with drug abuse and addiction, either personally or with someone they love. Links go to sites that are not affiliated with the Township and are provided here as a resource only.
- Drug Overdose - https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/index.html
- Opioid Overdose Prevention Saves Lives - https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/featured-topics/abuse-prevention-awareness.html
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: NIDA is the lead federal agency supporting scientific research on drug use and its consequences - https://nida.nih.gov/
- Fentanyl, Teens, and the Deadly Consequences - https://projectknow.com/teen/fentanyl/
- Fentanyl deaths are highest in young adults between ages 14 and 23 nationwide. In Montgomery County, those deaths have increased 271 percent from 2019 through 2021.
Data on opioid deaths from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Montgomery County: https://www.livestories.com/statistics/texas/montgomery-county-opioids-deaths-mortality
- Harris County: https://www.livestories.com/statistics/texas/harris-county-opioids-deaths-mortality
Resources for Assistance
Drug Court Programs (designed break the cycle of substance abuse and misuse, addiction and crime)
- Montgomery County Drug Court Care Assisted Rehabilitation Experience (C.A.R.E.) Program:https://mctx.org/departments/departments_d_-_f/drug_court/index.php
- Harris County: https://cscd.harriscountytx.gov/Pages/Programs.aspx?Program1=Specialty+Courts
- Montgomery County https://stopdrugsmontgomerycounty.org
Additional Programs and Agencies
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (a division of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services): https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline or https://www.findtreatment.gov/.
- Conroe ISD - https://police.conroeisd.net/department/safe-schools/
- Magnolia ISD - https://www.magnoliaisd.org/
- Tomball ISD - https://www.tomballisd.net/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=305694&type=d&pREC_ID=1602554
- Behavioral Health & Suicide Prevention Task Force: Montgomery County https://communityhelp.org/
- Montgomery County Overdose Prevention Endeavor – (M-COPE) https://communityhelp.org/event/montgomery-county-overdose-prevention-endeavor/
- International Overdose Awareness Day - https://www.overdoseday.com/
- Texas A&M Opioid Task Force https://public-health.tamu.edu/opioids/index.html
Additional Information on Opioid Overdose Antidote
- National Institutes of Health on Drug Abuse - https://nida.nih.gov/publications/drugfacts/naloxone
Food Banks—How You Can Help
Interfaith of The Woodlands
- Visit their website: https://mcfoodbank.org/
- Learn how to help through donating, volunteering and hosting a food drive.
Meals on Wheels
Community Assistance Center Serving Montgomery County
St. Anthony’s Bread Food Pantry
- Visit their website: https://ap.church/ministries/outreach/
- Donate | Volunteer
- Please call 832-482-4210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
St. Vincent De Paul
- For questions about St. Vincent DePaul’s outreach, please call 281-466-1920.
Hotels Open in The Woodlands
The Woodlands is home to many hotels that are ready and waiting for your visit. Be sure to stay up to date by viewing Visit The Woodlands.
Your Guide to Masks
The CDC offers guidance regarding the ongoing use of masks during the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit the CDC website.
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) has launched a statewide mental health support line to help Texans experiencing anxiety, stress or other emotional challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This resource offers support for all Texans and can be reached any time day or night at 833-986-1919.
The line is operated by the Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD, and offers trauma-informed support and psychological first aid to those experiencing mental health symptoms related to COVID-19. Counseling services are confidential and free of charge. More information on mental health resources and your local mental health authority can be found on HHSC’s website.
American Red Cross
The American Red Cross has launched a Virtual Family Assistance Center (VFAC) to support families struggling with loss and grief due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The Red Cross is here to provide compassion and support to families as they grieve. To help, the Red Cross has set up a virtual team of specially trained mental health, spiritual care and health services volunteers. All Family Assistance Center support will be provided virtually and is completely confidential and free.
Please visit www.redcross.org/vfac to access a support hub with special virtual programs, information, referrals and services to support families in need. The hub will also connect people to other community resources provided by partners. People without internet access can call 833-492-0094 for help.
Mosaics of Mercy
Mosaics of Mercy is a non-profit that serves as a hub for resources for mental well-being. The organization stays current on the available mental health resources for our community, including the status of treatment programs, counselors seeing clients through telehealth, and virtual support groups.
More information can be found at www.mosaicsofmercy.com. Help is available Monday - Friday from 9 am - 5 pm at 346-703-0051 for personal assistance navigating resources. View current resources. New episodes of the Hope Pieced Together podcast are released weekly, interviewing local professionals on topics related to mental well-being for this period.
Mosaics of Mercy has released a podcast on suicide, Tackling Suicide: A Professional Perspective with Whitcomb Terpening, that covers how warning signs might be different right now due to COVID-19 and what to look for, how to open up the conversation with someone, virtual training, what to do if someone shares they are suicidal, resources available now, walking through the grief of suicide and much more. The podcast is hosted by Whitcomb Terpening, LCSW. She is a counselor in the area that has one of the only practices in the US that specializes in suicide. She was recently written up in a USA Today article and she is part of the leadership of the local Suicide Prevention Task Force.
Talking to Teens about Depression and Suicide
Information provided by the Behavioral Health & Suicide Prevention Task Force.
- Tessa Stuckey, M.A., LPC, Woodlands Family Institute, https://www.wfipc.com/our-therapists/tessa-stuckey. Tessa’s book is titled "For the Sake of Our Youth" https://www.tessastuckey.com/order-book
- Dave Waxler, M.A., LPC, New Clarity Counseling, http://newclaritycounseling.com. Dave’s book is titled "Clear & Present: A Practical Guide to Authenticity" https://clearandpresent.net.
- A weekly Facebook Live event is available virtually: www.facebook.com/CassidyJoinedforHope
Resource for First Responders
Information provided by the Behavioral Health & Suicide Prevention Task Force.
Cypress Creek Hospital Honor Strong Program (Acute Inpatient Program)
Direct line: 281-995-1475
Carlesha Maddox, Community Liaison: 916-949-8839
Nonprofits—How You Can Help
Children’s Safe Harbor
Children’s Safe Harbor serves children who have been sexually assaulted, severely physically abused, sexually trafficked or exploited or traumatized and advocates for their justice and healing. The organization is in need of gift cards, tutors and food to give to the families they serve. Please visit their website for more information: www.ChildrensSafeHarbor.org.
Community Assistance Center
The Montgomery County Community Assistance Center (CAC) is seeking help through monetary and in-kind donations and through volunteers. Visit their website for more information: https://cac-mctx.org/.
Interfaith of The Woodlands
Monetary donations can be made to fund specific and essential foods, toiletries, paper goods, food and financial assistance for families and Seniors.
Interfaith is actively accepting food donations for its Food Pantry and programs including Nutrition Every Weekend, Seniors Eating Well, On The Go Market Days and Veggie Village. Visit their website for more information: https://woodlandsinterfaith.org/.
Dining in The Woodlands
Many restaurants in The Woodlands offer dine-in, carryout, curbside pick-up, and even delivery! To verify details for a restaurant, please use the amenities search filter in the Visit The Woodlands restaurant guide.
View Visit The Woodlands shopping guide for all of your retail destinations in The Woodlands.
Market Street is committed to providing a safe environment for the health and safety of all guests, employees and tenants. Visit their website for more information: https://shopatmarketstreet.com/.
The Woodlands Mall
Visit their website for the list of open stores, safety measures and curbside pickup options.
Texans can also register online at GetTheVaccine.dshs.texas.gov. You will be notified by email or text when and where to get the vaccine. If there's not an available clinic near you, you will be directed to other locations to get your vaccine. The Texas Public Health Vaccine Scheduler helps Texans get scheduled for a COVID-19 vaccine at clinics hosted by participating Texas public health entities.
Individual hospitals, physicians’ offices and pharmacies may also have vaccines available to eligible populations. Please check their websites for additional information.
COVID-19 Vaccine Side Effects
Side effects after getting a COVID-19 vaccine are normal signs your body is building protection. Learn more from the CDC: What to Expect after Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine.
COVID-19 Texas Vaccination Data Dashboard
View the Texas Department of State Health Services COVID-19 dashboard.
Please stay connected to The Woodlands Township through our many communications channels. Learn more and sign up at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/stayinformed. Are you a new resident to The Woodlands? Please visit our New Resident Toolkit for additional helpful information about essential services in The Woodlands.