- Latest News from the Township
- Township Hurricane Updates
- Partner Agency Updates
- Hurricane Preparedness
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (July 30, 2021) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting on Wednesday, July 28, 2021 at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas. Read on...
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (July 30, 2021)–The Fall Arts in the Park will feature two events, Shakespeare in the Park, set for Saturday, September 25, 2021, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. and All You Need Is Love, set for Saturday, October 2, 2021, from 6 to 8 :30 p.m. Read on...
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (July 30, 2021) – During the annual National Night Out campaign for 2021, The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch will conduct a blood drive to honor first responders on Friday, August 13, 2021, from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., at Read on...
Get the latest updates and news releases from surrounding counties and local government agencies.
Understand that planning may be different this year because of COVID-19. Please use the tips below to help prepare yourself and your family for a safer hurricane season.
- Give yourself more time than usual to prepare your emergency food, water, and medicine supplies. Home delivery is the safest choice for buying disaster supplies. If in-person shopping is your only choice, take steps to protect your and others’ health when running essential errands.
- Be safe when filling prescriptions by limiting in-person visits to the pharmacy. Sign up for mail order delivery, call in your prescription ahead of time and use drive-through windows or curbside pickup. Order a 60- or 90-day supply to have on hand.
- Pay attention to local guidance for evacuations and shelters, including potential shelters for your pets.
- If you need to evacuate, prepare a “go kit” with personal items you cannot do without during an emergency. Include items that protect you and others from COVID-19, such as hand sanitizer, bar or liquid soap if not available, and two cloth face coverings per person. Face coverings should not be used by children under the age of two, be used by people having trouble breathing, or who are unconscious, incapacitated, or unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- When you check on neighbors and friends, be sure to follow social distancing recommendations (staying at least 6 feet, about 2 arms’ length, from others) and other CDC recommendations.
- If you need to go to a disaster shelter, follow CDC recommendations for staying safe and healthy in a public disaster shelter during COVID-19.
- Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management: 936-523-3918
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management: Dial 2-1-1 for all basic needs
- The Woodlands Township: 281-210-3800 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>