Bulky Oversized Trash
If your items are in reusable condition, please consider keeping them out of the landfill by donating them to a local charitable organization before scheduling pickup of bulky trash pickup. Many of these locations offer convenient pickup and drop off options. For a list of locations and accepted items, see The Woodlands Donation Guide.
Consider recycling before scheduling bulky trash pickup. Mattresses, appliances, electronics, Styrofoam and more can be taken to local locations for special collection. For a list of locations and accepted items, see the Recycle More Guide.
How To Schedule Bulky Trash Pickup
Bulky trash service must be scheduled at least 2 business days before your normal service day. Contact Waste Management at 1-800-800-5804 or email@example.com to schedule. This service is provided at no additional cost. Bulky trash is not offered on the 2nd or 4th Friday of the month due to the Bulky Cardboard schedule.
- Basketball goals
- Due to size, broken down in several pieces: goal, main tube and base
- Pole must be cut to 4 ft sections
- Block Styrofoam (polystyrene) that cannot fit in the trash cart
- Carpet (4-foot bundles, limit 2)
- Fence boards
- Up to 10 fence boards are accepted at a time. Must be bundled and tied.
- Ladders (6 ft and under only)
- Long items (poles, playground equipment, etc.) must be cut to 4' sections
- Mattresses & box springs
- These items can also be recycled locally at Houston Furniture Bank. Drop off and pickup options are available.
- Mirrors or large pieces of glass
- Put the glass on a blue tarp. Then fold it up and close well with duct tape. Break the glass until it is small enough to pick up. Once broken, tape the tarp into a smaller bundle.
- Refrigerators, freezers & AC units
- Must be Certified Freon Free with tag. Contact a local appliance or AC repair company to schedule removal.
- Other disposal options:
- The Montgomery Precinct 3 will take items with freon via drop off for a fee.
- Some large waste pickup companies will pick up items with freon for a fee.
- Place in cardboard box and duct tape shut
- Brush or yard trimmings
- Construction & home improvement debris
- Concrete, bricks, roofing, doors, windows, sheetrock, drywall, insulation
- Residential construction debris or large amounts of waste from big projects can be taken to local landfills or picked up in your driveway through Waste Management's Bagster program. Both of these options require a fee.
- Electronics – TVs, computers, etc.
- Electronics cannot be landfilled, seek a recycling option via www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/recyclemore.
- Extra bags of household trash
- Extra bags of household trash require a pink tag available for $1.75 each at Kroger Customer Service counters in The Woodlands and The Woodlands Township Town Hall. These bags DO NOT need to be scheduled for pick-up. Bags must be no larger than 55 gallons, no heavier than 40lbs.Place bags beside trash cart, not on top of cart lid. Trash cart must be at the curb beside the bags for the driver to load into the truck.
- Small items that can fit in the cart
- Multiple small items will not be serviced as bulky trash. Items smaller than your curbside cart must be bagged with a pink tag and placed beside the cart.
- Vehicles or parts
- Seek a recycling option via www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/recyclemore
Construction Debris & Cleanup Projects
For home renovations or cleanup projects, consider Waste Management's Bagster program.
- Bags can be purchased at local home improvement stores.
- Once full, simply schedule your pickup at www.thebagster.com or call 1-877-789-2247.
- Bagsters can hold up to 3,000lbs! Check out this list for acceptable material and capacity for large projects.
- For more information about the Bagster, visit www.thebagster.com