Holiday Waste Collections
The only holidays that will affect residential trash and recycling collection are as follows:
- New Year's Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
For all other holidays, please place your carts at the curb if it is your regular service day. For a trouble-free pick-up, please place carts at curb by 7 a.m., make sure that lids on carts close completely and follow service guidelines.
The Woodlands Recycling Center on Research Forest Drive will be open every Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m, regardless of holidays.
Waste Management has discontinued courtesy collection of extra holiday boxes and wrapping paper the week after the holiday. Extra boxes left outside of the cart will not be picked up unless items are bagged and affixed with an extra trash pink tag. Please see the Extra Household Waste guidelines.
Residents can recycle extra boxes at The Woodlands Recycling Center or by requesting bulky cardboard pickup from Waste Management at 800-800-5804 or .Please recycle only the accepted items in your recycling cart. Failure to follow guidelines will result in items being left at the curb.
- Recycle at local grocery stores)
- NO Styrofoam™ (Block Styrofoam™ can be recycled at Precinct 3 Recycling Facility)
- NO bubble Recycle at local grocery stores)
- NO ribbon or decorations
Recycling Green Christmas Trees:
- Remove all decorations and lights from the tree.
- Remove tree stands.
- Place the tree at the curb on your regular service day.
- Green trees will be picked up by the yard waste truck as part of your regularly scheduled services.
Disposing Flocked Christmas Trees:
- Schedule as bulk/heavy pick up by calling 1-800-800-5804 or e-mailing email@example.com
- Call at least two working days before your regular service day.
- Flocked Christmas trees must be landfilled.
Extra Household Waste:
- Requires purchase of a pink tag for extra service.
- Purchase tags from Kroger Customer Service counters in The Woodlands and The Woodlands Township Town Hall for $1.93 each.
- One tag per bag.
- Bags must be no larger than 55 gallons, no heavier than 40lbs.
- Place bags beside trash cart, not on top of cart lid.
- Trash cart must be at the curb beside the bags for the driver to load into the truck.