Holiday Waste Collections
Holiday Collection Schedule
The only holidays that will affect residential trash and recycling collection are as follows:
- New Year's Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
For all other holidays, please place your carts at the curb if it is your regular service day. For a trouble-free pick-up, please place carts at curb by 7 a.m., make sure that lids on carts close completely and follow service guidelines.
The Woodlands Recycling Center on Research Forest Drive will be open every Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m, regardless of holidays.
- On your first pickup day following December 25, extra wrapping paper and gift boxes are accepted curbside for recycling.
- To recycle holiday paper and gift boxes, place in a paper bag or small box next to your recycling cart.
- The holiday recycling truck is a traditional rear-loading truck, reserved only for recyclables.
- NO plastic bags or film (Recycle at local grocery stores)
- NO Styrofoam™ (Block Styrofoam™ recycles at Precinct 3 Recycling Facility; Packing peanuts recycle at local shipping stores)
- NO bubble wrap (Recycle at local grocery/shipping stores)
- NO ribbon or decorations
- Failure to follow guidelines will result in items being left at the curb.
Recycling Green Christmas Trees:
- Remove all decorations and lights from the tree.
- Remove tree stands.
- Place the tree at the curb on your regular service day.
- Green trees will be picked up by the yard waste truck as part of your regularly scheduled services.
Disposing Flocked Christmas Trees:
- Schedule as bulk/heavy pick up by calling 1-800-800-5804 or e-mailing email@example.com
- Call at least two working days before your regular service day.
- Flocked Christmas trees must be landfilled.
Extra Household Waste:
- Requires purchase of a pink tag for extra service.
- One tag per bag.
- Cost: $1.75 per tag.
- Each bag must weigh less than 40 pounds.
- Purchase tags from The Woodlands Township offices, The Woodlands Township Recreation Center, Kroger (Cochran’s Crossing, Alden Bridge and Sterling Ridge) and Randalls (Grogan’s Mill and Panther Creek).