There are five spraygrounds located throughout The Woodlands community that are open from March through October. Water playgrounds, also known as spraygrounds, provide great opportunities for outdoor family fun. No matter how hot it gets, people of all ages can enjoy splashing in these colorful and imaginative water amenities.
Click on the individual park links below to view hours of operation.
- May Valley Sprayground
- Timarron Sprayground
- Sawmill Sprayground
- Shadowbend Sprayground
- Village Green Sprayground
- Participate at your own risk - there are no lifeguards on duty.
- Supervise children at all times.
- Walk; don't run in and around the sprayground.
- Do not climb on the spray features; use the playground to climb
- Food, pets, smoking, alcoholic beverages and illegal substances are prohibited within 10 feet of the sprayground.
- No skateboards, bicycles or other items with wheels on the spray ground surface.
- Leave glass containers at home.
- No rough-housing, aggressive behavior and profane language.
- Clear the sprayground area when lightning is spotted.
- Rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
- To ensure water quality is maintained, the sprayground may be closed from time to time.
- To maintain the water quality, all diaper-aged children should where plastic pants with tight-fitting elastic at the legs and waist or swim diapers.
Additional Rules for Shadowbend Sprayround
- Only one child is allowed on the slide at a time. Other children must wait at the bottom of the stairs/ladder.
- Children must exit the bottom of the slide immediately.
- Do not go down the slide until the area is clear.
- Children using the slide must proceed feet first and on their backs. No kneeling, standing or stopping on the slide.
- No swimming toys, masks, goggles or loose jewelry allowed.
- Non-service animals prohibited.
- Changing diapers within 6 feet of water feature is prohibited.
- Use of the water feature if ill with a contagious disease is prohibited.
- Do not drink water from the water feature.
- Use of the water feature when ill with diarrhea is prohibited.
- In the event of a malfunction, unsanitary condition or any other non-emergency problem, call 281-210-3900.
Operating Sprayground Features
- To operate features, push the button on top of the spray activator post until water features are running. Shadowbend is motion detected.
- After 4 minutes, restart by pushing the button again.
- The spray activator post at Sawmill is brown, May Valley is blue, Timarron is green, Shadowbend is maroon and Village Green is green.
For questions, comments or concerns please contact The Woodlands Township, Parks and Recreation Department at (281) 210-3900.