Help keep The Woodlands looking clean and green. Join GreenUp: Fall Sweep, a Township-wide litter cleanup day!
GreenUp: Fall Sweep is a self-guided volunteer 1-day volunteer opportunity for individuals and family groups to target litter along pathways, waterways and natural areas. No registration is required. Bags, gloves and trash grabbers are available by appointment only.
Are you interested in keeping The Woodlands beautiful all year? Organizations, businesses, schools, families, or individuals that wish to keep our community looking clean and green are welcome to join the Adopt-a-Path program! To learn more about the program, please visit the Adopt-A-Path webpage.
How Fall Sweep Works
1. Gather your family and ready your gloves, bags and outdoor gear for a day of community beautification.
2. Choose a location in the community in need of litter cleanup. Check out suggested sites below for ideas.
3. Cleanup litter along pathways and in the tree lines. Report large or hazardous items to the Township through the 311 App or by calling 281-210-3800 during normal business hours.
4. Dispose of full bags at home or in a park trash can. Tie your trash bags tightly to protect sanitation workers. Avoid causing more litter issues by not overstuffing park trash cans.
5. Share your success by posting a photo on social media using #Fallsweep #FallSweepWoodlands Safety
1. Wear protective gear- Gloves, masks for when passing other people
2. Be prepared for the elements - Long pants, closed-toe shoes, hats, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, and a reusable water bottle are recommended.
3. Sanitize when you’re done - Immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer after collecting litter.
4. Be aware of wildlife – Avoid all snakes and wildlife. Observe from a distance and irritate tall grass or bushes with a stick before entering to scare off wildlife.
5. Know poisonous plants and avoid them – Poison ivy is common along pathways and inside tree lines. Touching leaves and roots can cause a painful rash. Remember leaves of three, leave it be!
Litter Hot Spots - Click on the Map for locations and directionsParticipants may choose their own cleanup locations. Parks, pathways and green spaces by businesses always need cleaning. Pay attention to tree lines to spot litter hiding under leaves and brush.
Find litter hot spots on www.Litterati.org or by using the app on your phone. Help us track litter in The Woodlands by snapping pictures and logging found litter in the app leading up to the event, during and after for future events!
Locations by VillageFind specific locations on the map within each village. These are suggestions only; you’re encouraged to clean up any public area in need.
Why is litter a problem?
All litter, big and small, is not only unsightly, it has serious environmental consequences that can be prevented. Please dispose of waste properly, educate or report those seen littering and start the habit of picking it up when you see it.
Negative effects on our community: