THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (March 10, 2023) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held their second Strategic Planning Session of the year on Friday, March 3, 2023. The Board discussed a variety of topics including the strategic plan called “Vision 2034: The Woodlands Township Strategic Plan.”
A full video of the meeting can be found here: https://woodlandstx.new.swagit.com/videos/210222
The Board discussed the following items:
- The Woodlands Township Strategic Plan, including a recap of the January 27, 2023 Strategic Planning Session (View Presentation) and a related concept (View Presentation)
- The 2022 Parks and Recreation Needs Assessment. View Presentation
- The process for the 2024 budget. View Presentation
- The Pedestrian and Bicycle Plan. View Presentation
- The One Water Task Force. View Presentation.
- The creation of a Village Association Presidents’ Advisory Council to the Board of Directors (as requested by Director Franks).
- An initiative to expand public communications through videos and podcasts. View Presentation.
Posted on the original Agenda, the Board deferred action on the following items:
- Receive, consider and act upon filing a complaint regarding the theft of water resources at Cokeberry Pond (as requested by Director Sekula-Gibbs).
- Receive, consider and act upon a proposal to purchase space in the Community Impact Newspaper and authorize a budget amendment in connection therewith (as requested by Director Franks).
The meeting opened with several residents speaking in public comment.
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors will meet again at 6 p.m. Thursday, March 23, 2023, at The Woodlands Township Board Chambers, 2801 Technology Forest Blvd., The Woodlands, Texas 77381.